NHRRA News: Nov. 17, 2005

The New Hampshire Governor's Advisory Council on Intermodal Transportation (GACIT) voted Wednesday in favor of appropriating approximately $1.2m of federal CMAQ money for the purposes of reconstructing passing sidings and eventually getting a fifth Downeaster round-trip. This represents 80% of the cost while the remaining 20% will come from the state of Maine. This has been a long time coming and kudos go to the Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority and C&J Trailways for hammering out a very difficult agreement to get to this resolution. It is likely construction will commence next year.  Thanks also to all of you who supported the measure.

Close Window